Thursday, February 3, 2011

The funeral.

 The funeral was hard, I took the kids, making it harder. Everything was beautiful,  seen many friends I would love to see again under better circumstances. Her family seems to be healing well, many of them spoke. Telling stories of the many fun and funny things Melissa had done.They were witty, just like her.

  Her daughter got up on the podium and spoke of how much she was going to miss her mother, and how she knew she would see her again. Not a dry eye in the house.

Her casket was Mary Kay pink.

 Last summer she talked about nothing else, but earning that damn pink Cadillac.  I am pretty sure, she was thinking a faster model, but she hardly has a need for that now.

My roller coaster seems to be evening out a bit. Mostly I just miss my friend. 

It is easy to get wrapped up in day to day things and not realize what we have anymore, until something like this comes along to rattle our cages and remind us how fragile, and precious life is.

Every day is a gift, you can give back or let it go but there may not be another. Carpe diem.

Kiss the ones you love let them know how much you treasure them. Squeeze them tight and tell them you love them.

4 comments:

Meadowlark said...

And that, my not-a-friend in real-life but a real-friend nevertheless, is the gift that she gave you.

Don't let it go to waste.

Peace

Hey...You! Yes, you with the face, I'm talking to you!! said...

You are always a friendly ear Meadowlark, and you probably know more about me then most of my "real friends".

THANK YOU again for unfailingly being my voice of reason and comfort.

I am struggling with that whole 'carpe diem thing'...maby its a skill, to be learned?

Seems hard to experiance life with so much responsibility at hand. All I can do for now is enjoy my family and my little ones to the fullest.
Peace out cheeka.
When's that grandbaby of yours coming??

Meadowlark said...

Hopefully less than two weeks!!!!

And got a new grand-puppy yesterday ;) not the same though

Hey...You! Yes, you with the face, I'm talking to you!! said...

AWE... Puppies are fun too! :)

Hope all goes well, God bless...