Monday, March 23, 2009

What I did over the weekend...

Well, we dis-assembeled the old chicken coop, and added pasture fencing to our yard in order to add the additional 1/4 acre of land to the pasture. It seemed such a waste to have that much land not being used for anything, when we have 3 grass eating animals around!

So, I now have 1/4 acre less to mow...and I can look out my window and actually see the animals in my yard. My hubby says its 'too wierd', but I guess that is because I was not born a country girl, and I am definatly not a city girl...so I am WHAT....an individual?? With wierd ideas??? I guess I can live with that.
Big Hunk (our holstein) looks huge next to our pasture fencing....I guess it IS kind of weird...what can I say? (must post pics later! TOO funny)

But the animals LOVED it! When we let them in they immediatly begain gorging themselves on that long green grass! About three or four hours after they had been let in to their new area, I looked out and they were STILL eating as vorashiously as they had been when they were just let in. I was worried they would eat themselves sick!

Also this weekend, My hubby planted a cool weather garden. Peas, lima beans, lettuce, cabbage...and I forget what else....But we woke up this morning to snow.
We live in UTAH and normal planting season dosen't start until after mothers day, in may....So we both knew we had more snow coming.. But I always get spring fever, and am never happy to see snow. I guess it will water the seeds though.

Tonight I have my Medical terminology, law and ethics class...We are having a test, the last one of the class. So I should study and hope my pea brain remembers all of the information that has been thrust on to it during the last month...wish me luck!

No comments: