Wednesday, March 11, 2009

MIND ASSOCIATIONS


It is soo funny the games our mind plays on us.
In class they are having us watch a movie (1988- vhs) that plays "audio nyms" to help us learn and remember medical terms. It is soo old and cheesy...

Let me give you an example: to remember that gastr is for stomach, they show a picture of something that sounds like gastr in this case they used a gas truck, then they turn the gastruck, into a gastruck ,with a stomach in place of the gas tank...(that's an easy one, but they get increasingly disturbing and wierd!)

On Monday when we first started these bizzare movies I joked and laughed about having messed up dreams because of them...well I did! But that is beside the point. I made fun of the movies and their cheezyness (seriously, they are BAD!)

Well, today I logged on to do a practice test for that class, and I aced it. I missed a few, but when I went back to see why I missed them I remembered alot of the "off beat" pictures that the movie had attatched to the medical terms, to get my brain to remember! I bet I will remember them next time...I guess cheezyness and repetition have alot to do with the memory process...

Just thought it was funny!

The house re-arrangeing went. I won't say it went great, or smoothly, but it came, and it went! We spent all last weekend covered in paint.
We now have three bedrooms, ours just dosen't have a door.
I still have crap littering the house that has no "home" in witch to put it.
But we'll get it all put away, eventually. I can't believe that it has been a month since I have been on here! Time flys when your too busy to scratch your own ass, sorry, I talk like a sailor! Always have.
Thanks for making sure I am still alive, Yup still kick'en....barely!

No comments: