Friday, June 17, 2011

Copy of 'math journal' entry-- sure hope teach has a sense of humor...oh wait. I DON'T CARE....

I remember why I hate math.

I seem to be able to do the work fine on the "study" side of the hub but when I move over to the testing part I do poorly, whether this is a result of my crappy math skills or nerves ( or both) who knows. It is, however, very frustrating.


Mon-5 hrs 2 attempts at quiz plus tutoring

Tuesday -2 hrs. at hub - failed the quiz again, and then proceded to stare blankly at computer screen and contemplate throwing it out the window.

Wendsday- Sat on couch and did everything I was supposed to do, except math.

Thursday - decided math wasen't going to do itself, but that I was an idiot and coulden't do it either. Thought about changing major to something having nothing to do with math, then realized it wouldent help.

Friday - Realizing pouting wasen't helping grade. stumbled upon work that I could do ( and possibly should have been doing all along???)

+2 more hours.

Plan:

(1)seek out anti-anxiety meds;(2) do discovered math work ( coulden't hurt); (3)find tutor



Sending journal entry early; convinced nobody reads them and that there is a fast forward button from Friday straight on through to Monday and it will not get done unless it is sent of today.


2 comments:

Meadowlark said...

Every time you think about math, say to yourself (in your head) "I like math. I'm good at math."

You think I'm crazy, but it works. Your brain listens to your self-talk and the constant "Math sucks" affects your learning.

Hey...You! Yes, you with the face, I'm talking to you!! said...

Hello my friend!
While I don't doubt what your telling me for a miniute, I am not sure its THAT EASY...I have this mental image of me sitting there with my hair all disheveled gritting my teeth while muttering..."I love math...hehehe...I love math...hehehe".... They may commit me. HAHAHA!! So sad. But I will give it an honest try, until I start feeling like I am looking too much like my neurotic mental image anyway :)
Hope life finds you well.