Wednesday, November 10, 2010

You killed my dog...

So far a pretty uneventful morning, knock on wood.

Yesterday on the way home from putting Duke down, my middle child(who is 4) suddenly exclamed "Where's Duke??" ~ Nevermind that I had been preparing her for the loss for roughly a week, and that she knew we were takind Duke to Grandma's work to help him go to heaven.UGH.

So I reinterated that he was no longer in pain, that he had been sick and we helped him go to heaven. Her face fell immediatly and she screamed "You killed MY DOG". Shit. Apparently even though we had only had Duke for about a month, and she dosen't even usually like dogs, she had formed more of an attatchment to him then I had imagined.

All the way home, in my nice calm mommy voice, I tried to help her understand,  as she peppered me with questions of a "who did it" nature. Then she tells me she hates Grandma's work. This from a girl who was so happy a miniute ago because she had gotten to shred paper for like 20 miniutes to keep her entertained until the deed was done.

I got a hug before she went to bed, so hopefully things are cool.  I still feel like crap that my daughter thinks I killed her dog. My husband suggested getting her another for Christmas, but too many good dogs have come and gone this this year. Not sure I can handle loosing another.

Spoke too soon on the uneventul morning front... My naked son (  2 1/2 yrs old, just out of the bath),just chased a flock of Turkeys out of my front yard. Apparently my neighbor had chased them away from our hay and out of our wide open garage.
 Actually this is pretty normal for our house...
Here is a list of things that have wandered down our drive way in the three years we have lived here:
2 very large and ready to be milked cows, a family of geese, peacocks are a regular, dogs ( not so abnoimal), and now a flock of turkeys. Here's hoping that is the most eventful thing of the day!

4 comments:

Meadowlark said...

Good to see you!!!! Stay around for a while. :)

Hey...You! Yes, you with the face, I'm talking to you!! said...

Hi Meadowlark!! I am like a bad penny, you can't get rid of me :) Hows the wrist?

Meadowlark said...

Outta the cast, back to knitting, but seems to have some "carpal tunnel" symptoms. The doc said let's watch it for 3 or 4 months and see if it improves. It had BETTER!!! GRRRRR... I didn't have it before and don't want it now.

Your blog is gorgeous btw.

Hey...You! Yes, you with the face, I'm talking to you!! said...

Thanks, the house in the pic is ours before it was moved, I wish sometimes that it were still there it looks so frozen in time.

Glad you got some mobility back at least, that has to be nice! Now, on with the knitting! :)